Fall Apple Bake with FATE wine reduction drizzle
Not only is our CEO, Angela, an all-around wonder woman, she’s also a great cook! (Yes, we are constantly in awe of her). As Thanksgiving is near, we thought we would pick out one of the desserts she makes every year, with a twist of FATE.
Ingredients for sauteed apples:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut three large apples into equal shaped chunks
- Coat pan with coconut oil
- Mix in all ingredients and saute over a medium heat for 15 minutes
Ingredients for crisp topping:
- Stir in all ingredients shown above, into a large mixing bowl
- Pour the apples into a baking tray or shallow loaf tin
- Sprinkle the crisp topping all over until evenly covered
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until crisp topping has browned
Recipe for FATE wine reduction
- Mix in two parts FATE white wine and one part white vinegar (Angela likes the citric champagne vinegar pictured above, but any white vinegar will do).
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey
- Stir in a squeeze of citrus fruit (orange or lemon) Optional
- Simmer until it begins to thicken like honey or desired consistency
Drizzle reduction over vanilla bean ice cream (Halo Top ice cream for a healthier option) or drizzle directly over bake. Enjoy!